Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to realmsofconflict

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Questions about NPCing
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:07 am 
Hi there! I am completely new to both RoC and LARPing in general, and I have a few questions that I could not find the answers to anywhere else, or at least not in the detail I'm interested it.
1. What is a general game experience when NPCing? I see all sorts of info about what you do when PCing, but none about NPCing... I hope to attend the September weekend, and I am wondering what to expect. Should I bring a costume as well as black clothes, or are they provided? Do I need a weapon? Should I bring my own makeup?
2. About how many characters will I be playing over the course of the weekend? Do I have to have a character made up already even though I'm NPCing? How many pairs of black clothes should I bring?
3. Are there separate cabins for NPCs and PCs? For guys and girls?
4. How much is food in the tavern? What sort of food is offered?
5. Is it harder being an NPC than a PC?
Sorry for all the questions, I just don't really have any idea what I'm doing...
Thanks!
Andraste

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Questions about NPCing
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:26 am 
Hi Andastre,

First, I want to make sure you've been through the Getting Started section of our website http://www.roclarp.com/gettingstarted.html

1. Essentially, when you show up, you'll find a plot member to direct you. They'll tell you where you can set up your sleeping space. Then there may be some game setup you can help with, or they may get you into costuming right away. Over the weekend, you'll be busy playing whatever characters plot needs you to be. If you want to bring your own costuming, that's awesome, but RoC has a LARGE collection of NPC costuming available. Weapons and makeup are also provided.

2. The number of characters you'll be playing is dependent on both plot's needs and your willingness. If you want to always be out doing something, plot can set you up with someone to be. If you need a break, then PLEASE REST. The players appreciate you for helping to make the world more realistic, but no one wants you to run yourself ragged doing it. It's a good idea to have a set of clothes for each day, plus one extra in case of excessive sweating.

3. NPCs have designated cabins, yes, but we don't separate by gender.

4. NPCs have sandwich makings available as well as dinner Saturday night. Players usually provide breakfast Saturday morning, which "local farmers" eat for free. It's suggested that you still bring enough to feed yourself just in case though. If you're hungry and don't have food, tell someone. We'll get you hooked up.

5. Yes and no. Being a PC, you have to keep one character for the entire event. You're always looking over your shoulder for the next attack. You have to consider how each of your actions is going to reflect on your character in the long run, and when you fight, you're fighting for your "life". As an NPC, you're busy. You're getting beat on by the players and then having to switch gears to be a helpless farmer or a visiting noble. It's fun and rewarding and exhausting.

Never apologize for asking questions. ^_^ Feel free to ask more if you have them.

~Lauren

Report this post
Profile  Offline