Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to realmsofconflict

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Friday Night, Sleep or Zombify? Pick Two!
I like it as is. You get more game by staying up late on Friday. 19%  19%  [ 4 ]
If enough people went to bed earlier Friday we'd get more and better game. 38%  38%  [ 8 ]
I don't think it is possible to change. 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
I don't care. Begs the question, why did I bother voting. 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
I like the pain on Monday, it is a badge of honor. 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
I feel painful badges are simply poorly designed. 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
It is more like a tiara of excellence. 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 21
 Post subject: The Times We Play
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:14 am 
Hello everyone,

This is just a poll to see where we sit on this issue. Please answer as you prefer, but here is my case:

1. I believe that when we stay up very late on Friday Night, game Saturday doesn't really start until 1 or 2 pm. Yet there is always a solid group of us up earlier than that, 10am or so.

2. I also believe that by staying up that late we rob Plot of valuable energy and precious bodily fluids. This may lead to tiredness and elevated grump levels, particularly late at night Saturday when it really matters, and particularly on Monday at work, where life.

3. I don't believe we could (or should) try to go to bed earlier Saturday night, I feel that is prime larp time and is sacred.

4. I don't think absolutely everyone would have to do this, it is not a curfew, just enough people to hit a tipping point.

In summary, I believe if we agreed in general to go to bed earlier Friday night, we would actually get more hours of quality play time, and we wouldn't drain our plot team, raising quality even higher late Saturday.

What do you think?

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: The Times We Play
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:12 pm 
I wear my Tiara of Excellence with pride.

But I also don't work on Mondays after RoC so I'm probably a terrible person to respond to this topic.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:40 am 
>.> Working Monday post-game is easy. The pain keeps me awake and alert.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:53 am 
The problem is that game sometime starts late on Friday. If you have a cutoff at say 2 you might only have 3 hours of game which would beg the question of why are we on the hill on Friday then.
That being it would be good to have a cut off so we can have energy at the end of game for clean up.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:59 pm 
As someone whose work week now starts at Sunday at 5PM, the earlier content can start the better. I understand that doesn't work for everyone, but I do think it might cause less stress to the plot team if we don't keep them up quite so late.

Profile  Offline