Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to realmsofconflict

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: 2016 update
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:49 pm 
refinements have traditionally not been magic items for break/destroy effects. Did I miss some sort of change in that regard? I know at some point it was declared that a magic bag was considered to be a magic item, but I don't see where this clarification is currently in the rules.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:59 am 
Site Admin
The magic bag is a magic Item that protects the items inside of it. Items inside of it cannot be Pick Pocketed, Destroyed, or
Broken. If the magic bag is damaged, all items inside of it must resolve the same effect that affected the bag (the same is true
for any container). The maximum size of a magic bag is 10” by 10” by 10”. The phys-rep must be approved by a GM on
creation.

first line in the rules, states clearly that the magic bag is a magic item.

Realms of Conflict Owner and Rules Writer

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:18 pm 
Ah okay, thank you. It's in the context of the other refinements, so I was not thinking that was supposed to be saying that this was an exception to the normal rules regarding refinements. My bad.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:15 am 
what exactly does it mean that Summon the Fallen is Sound of Voice and Line of Sight? It's the only Sound of Voice spell that has this limitation. In what way does putting the LOS limitation on the spell limit it. Do you physically have to see the target to get it to work, or is it a line of effect limitation. Doesn't this mean this spell, if the former limit is in place, is kind of useless at night. Is that the intent of this limitation or was it just left in from the previous draft?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:03 am 
Highscores: 2
Reading through the rules about lesser magic items, i just want to make sure i read it right, lesser items with one charge can be recharged up to 10 times before they are destroyed, right?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:02 pm 
ArchonAnthony wrote:
what exactly does it mean that Summon the Fallen is Sound of Voice and Line of Sight? It's the only Sound of Voice spell that has this limitation. In what way does putting the LOS limitation on the spell limit it. Do you physically have to see the target to get it to work, or is it a line of effect limitation. Doesn't this mean this spell, if the former limit is in place, is kind of useless at night. Is that the intent of this limitation or was it just left in from the previous draft?

That's probably an oversight in the body of the text for the explanation of Summon the Fallen. In the update list, it states that Summon the Fallen is no longer LoS, just SoV.

Image -Vorel

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:18 pm 
"Sorcery is the skill used by mages to perform rituals. Sorcery is much less intuitive than mere spellcasting, so a character must have achieved mastery (6th level) of at least one school of magic other than universal before they may buy sorcery. Sorcery need only be purchased once and it grants the three Cantrip rituals (level 1 Universal rituals) and the ability to learn rituals in any school that has been mastered. The level of ritual a character can be trained in and use is dependent on their incanting level.
Incanter level 1-2- rituals level 1
Incanter levels 3-4- ritual level 2
Incanter level 5-6 ritual level 3
Incanter level 7-8 ritual level 4
Incanter level 9-10 ritual level 5"

Sorcery refers to a character's "incanting level." So far, it's the first time I've seen that term used. I gather it refers to a character's spell casting level, i.e. Vorel is a 9th level Air Mage (among other things). My question is:

The chart bit there almost suggests a character who can incant spells at level 1 can cast 1st level rituals, but that is not the case. If a character can't learn sorcery until they've reached mastery in a school as a caster, level 6, nor can they learn rituals of any school they haven't mastered, why does the list of incanter levels start with levels 1-5?

Why not have it say:
"Incanter Level 6- Rituals level 1-3
Incanter level 7-8- Rituals level 4
Incanter Level 9-10- Rituals level 5"

To avoid confusion, mostly.

Image -Vorel

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:22 pm 
Well, you can have a mastery in a school, and learn a ritual in another school.

For example, if I had Air 7, I can buy Sorcery. I don't believe that it says that I can *only* learn air rituals.

I also read it to mean once you have your mastery (your gateway drug to sorcery), you can learn, let's say, a Fire Ritual, even if you only have Heater Metal or something.

Profile  Offline