Login |  Register

Welcome
Welcome to realmsofconflict

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Feedback for RoC X: Dark Conjunction
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:05 pm 
Hi everyone! As always, we like to do a follow up feedback after every event.

You can either post in this thread or send an email to [email protected]

In your feedback, each player can nominate 1 NPC for going above and beyond during game. The NPC with the most nominations will earn up to an additional 2 XP.

If you fill out the following in some logical manner, you will earn an extra exp for the event or a drawing from the copper loot bag! Your choice!

Your name:

General thoughts on the event:

what you liked:

what you didn't like:

High point :

Low point:

favorite plot line/ encounter/ mod : and a couple of sentences about why:

Any players that you felt went out of their way with costuming or role playing during the weekend that really stood out to you:

Any NPCS or staff that you felt went out of their way with role play or combat during the weekend that really stood out to you:

NPC NOMINATION - Nominate 1 NPC to get extra XP:

any other comments that might help us improve game, even if it's every thing is fine and keep as is :

If you give us feed back here or via email you need to post in this thread to get credit.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Feedback for RoC X: Dark Conjunction
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:17 pm 
Your name: chris blood/thokk

General thoughts on the event: epic

what you liked: the increased lethality but increased recovery mechanisms made this game truly feel epic. It was a super cool tool to use.

what you didn't like: rain, but i liked e option to do the last mod at the tavern. It would have been cool if the planite just had "planite" as a carrier instead of having to figure out what got the lethal call.

High point : all of the resolution. So many people finished long projects, the maw got things, yadra got safety, etc.

Low point: flat tire on the way home.

favorite plot line/ encounter/ mod : and a couple of sentences about why: i liked helping the maa find purpose.

Any players that you felt went out of their way with costuming or role playing during the weekend that really stood out to you: i love coras primal fury. I had a huge blast with jilly doing the fake love prank. Mint was a really cool visitor.

Any NPCS or staff that you felt went out of their way with role play or combat during the weekend that really stood out to you: everyone did a good job.

NPC NOMINATION - Nominate 1 NPC to get extra XP: peter, that maa shaman scene was incredible

any other comments that might help us improve game, even if it's every thing is fine and keep as is : id like to know what, if anything, the planite swords are cross chapter.

1xp please

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:04 pm 
Your name: Lauren Morgan

General thoughts on the event: It felt like a good end to Marcus' story. Amazing that nobody died forever.

what you liked: Figuring out portal goals. Almost being a demi-god. Player-chosen fate. Good immersion despite the weather. Somehow coming out of it all with finally having solid character goals. Being called out by her real name

what you didn't like: sleep is....what? Um...ugh...work today was difficult. Worth it though.

High point: Realizing that I did, in fact, get t participate in the "other games" aspect of this event as my Bagheera, my Black Fury, and my elf all tried to occupy the same brain at the same time.

Low point: not getting to do the Enigma portal...sounded like fun.

favorite plot line/ encounter/ mod : and a couple of sentences about why: All...of...it? but, well, if I have to pick one, I guess the guy showing up for Shadowsong just when I needed something to cement my resolve to take The Spear.

Any players that you felt went out of their way with costuming or role playing during the weekend that really stood out to you: TC!!! Cora's Primal Fury!!!

Any NPCS or staff that you felt went out of their way with role play or combat during the weekend that really stood out to you: Fun Size was all over the place. Jody (bias aside) was everywhere. Marcus has run an amazing story for so many years. I have no idea how you kept so much of this in your head and yet kept it so flexible for player backstories.

NPC NOMINATION - Nominate 1 NPC to get extra XP: Brandon

any other comments that might help us improve game, even if it's every thing is fine and keep as is: I'm a little sad that certain parts of my backstory have never had in game repercussions. I may have played it all too close to the chest. I get it. New chapter though, gloves are off. Thanaeh is in the building and ready to take on anyone who would make an issue of it.

If you give us feed back here or via email you need to post in this thread to get credit.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:02 pm 
Your name: Robert Kwon

General thoughts on the event: It was a great game, and a good closer for the chapter

what you liked: Lot's to do, the portal mods were all entertaining

what you didn't like: rain

High point : Finally killing the Ullagh followers

Low point: Trudging up the hill in the rain in the very heavy rain soaked coat.

favorite plot line/ encounter/ mod : and a couple of sentences about why: I actually liked the insight into the various members of the zodiac so the portal mods were very interesting

Any players that you felt went out of their way with costuming or role playing during the weekend that really stood out to you: The two newbies were troopers.

Any NPCS or staff that you felt went out of their way with role play or combat during the weekend that really stood out to you: All of plot was amazing. It was really nice to see staff step up when necessary.

NPC NOMINATION - Nominate 1 NPC to get extra XP: I'd have to give it to Marcus. The spell duel at the end with him and Jason was fantastic.

any other comments that might help us improve game, even if it's every thing is fine and keep as is :

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:03 am 
Your name: Ryan T/ lord Karter

General thoughts on the event: Happier ending than I was expecting. Very nice resolution.

what you liked: Unique, run at any time mods. Very interesting way to manage mods by plot member.

what you didn't like: Some lulls with no combat. Some characters being dicks to others.

High point : Getting Relic hammer. It was a fun set of mods to finish up the chapter long quest. Guess I'm gonna have to learn dual wielding and 1 handed damage to maximize its use. ;D

Low point: Still being unable to create embassy.

favorite plot line/ encounter/ mod : and a couple of sentences about why: At the end of the day, I play for the fights. It's my favorite excuse to exercise. There were some challenging and interesting combats I enjoyed this game.

Any players that you felt went out of their way with costuming or role playing during the weekend that really stood out to you: Ratu was amazing to see the first night, and his Mordath sermon was the affirmation I needed. Nefret's Primal form was cool, I'm sad it didn't get the chance to murder anything.

Any NPCS or staff that you felt went out of their way with role play or combat during the weekend that really stood out to you:

NPC NOMINATION - Nominate 1 NPC to get extra XP: Gonna have to go with Anthony. He gave 100% behind everything he did, whether roleplaying a baby bear spirit, or fighting as a tenacious crunchy.

any other comments that might help us improve game, even if it's every thing is fine and keep as is : I'll be frank; Allure is evil, it's rulers are rude and ungrateful, and there's just no reason for my character to stick around and keep helping them. There would need to be a massive shift in the game, either away from Allure or explicitly fighting against Allure, in order to hook me with a future campaign.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:03 pm 
Your name:Billy Bettencourt / Cuthalion Silverum

General thoughts on the event: Holy hell batman

what you liked: Against his best efforts, Cuthalion still managed to get sucked into the main plot

what you didn't like:All my shit breaking/coming apart. All the sewing now required.

High point : Holding the door against multiple enemies

Low point: Not knowing an Armageddon could be inbound

favorite plot line/ encounter/ mod : and a couple of sentences about why: Peace and Stalker portals. I really felt like Cuthalion made more progress in his pursuit of finding a peaceful resolution of things, between trying to talk Peace down and his understanding of Stalker

Any players that you felt went out of their way with costuming or role playing during the weekend that really stood out to you: Nefrets Primal Form, and seeing Ratu again

Any NPCS or staff that you felt went out of their way with role play or combat during the weekend that really stood out to you: You all were awesome!

NPC NOMINATION - Nominate 1 NPC to get extra XP: Peter for being his awesome self

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:24 pm 
Your name: Justin Smith/Mint

General thoughts on the event: I had a really awesome time, and am super-glad for the opportunity to play Mint for this one.

what you liked: Tree games! Modular mods. Backstory for so many of the enemies we were fighting. The opportunity to rest and do soft RP while the tavern was being refurbished for the big thing. Epic chest fulla gold coins. Amazing costuming and set design. So, so much.

what you didn't like: Rain; missing out on my opportunity to snag a Dark Zodiac slot; having to leave mid-game and miss some mods for that day before coming back;

High point: Stepping outside to do games in front of the tree, just in time to see the approaching army of undead.

Low point: Brute-forcing the Allfather puzzles, with very little prior experience with the plot.

favorite plot line/ encounter/ mod : and a couple of sentences about why: I really liked the way the roots mod worked - giving us time to rest and RP while the layout was changed up, as well as the countdowns-to-doom and the occasional teleporting monstrosity; it felt like a really excellent introduction to the weekend's problems.

Any players that you felt went out of their way with costuming or role playing during the weekend that really stood out to you: Raa'tu was awesome - being willing to chat about philosophy for ninety minutes, especially. Nefret was also excellent to RP with on a regular basis; same with Shalva and early-morning conversations. I could go on and on - everyone was really on-point this weekend.

Any NPCS or staff that you felt went out of their way with role play or combat during the weekend that really stood out to you: Every NPC that was willing to RP and converse even during giant fights is aces in my book. Peter, Twoey, and Anthoni, I saw a lot of this from. The combat was super good, too. Very happy with everyone from this game.

NPC NOMINATION - Nominate 1 NPC to get extra XP: Twoey, primarily for Cupcake and Pyre.

any other comments that might help us improve game, even if it's every thing is fine and keep as is: When having us reposition for safety purposes, definitely have us go up the stairs and clear the obstacle entirely rather than move forward - NPCs tend to push us back into the danger zone pretty quickly whether they mean to or not.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:32 am 
Your name: David Bishop

General thoughts on the event:Seemed like a good wrap up game but from my point of view there was a lot of sitting around.

what you liked:Getting to do some interesting rp mods that didn't require deep knowledge on a personal level to perform for.

what you didn't like:Sitting around wet and cold for so long on Saturday without much to keep me active and warm.(pretty sure it's what led to me getting a migraine and sitting out later that evening.)

High point :I thought the mother and baby bear portion of the bear mod was on point.

Low point:Having to step out of game as the big stuff started to avoid vomiting from my migraine.

favorite plot line/ encounter/ mod : and a couple of sentences about why:
N/a
Any players that you felt went out of their way with costuming or role playing during the weekend that really stood out to you:whoever that bat character was was super cool.

Anthoni did awesome when I was with him and I'm glad he was able to stick out the last few mods even though I couldn't.
NPC NOMINATION - Nominate 1 NPC to get extra XP:

any other comments that might help us improve game, even if it's every thing is fine and keep as is: While I understand that hurry up and wait was very player driven this game sometimes you just need to go ask the players okay what are you doing and get them to commit to something.

+1 exp please

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:26 pm 
If you fill out the following in some logical manner, you will earn an extra exp for the event or a drawing from the copper loot bag! Your choice!

Your name: Graham Hine / Crassus Aurelius Ponto

General thoughts on the event: Great way to end a truly amazing run.

what you liked: Well, normally I'm not one for plot grenades, but the Blade landed in my lap and I ended up having a lot of fun with it.

what you didn't like: Nothing plot had control of.

High point : Watching Jason and Marcus (Rayet and Allfather) show us what an epic caster duel really looks like.

Low point: Having to leave Saturday night.

favorite plot line/ encounter/ mod : and a couple of sentences about why: The portals were a fantastic mechanic that enabled us to pace our game entirely at our own discretion, and encouraged smaller groups. I got to run through the Stalker and Immortal portals, both of which were great.

Any players that you felt went out of their way with costuming or role playing during the weekend that really stood out to you: Cora's Primal Fury was ridiculously awesome - not just costume but body language and roleplay.

Any NPCS or staff that you felt went out of their way with role play or combat during the weekend that really stood out to you: It's hard to stand out when everyone does great work, but I want to give a nod to Angelina and Marcus.

NPC NOMINATION - Nominate 1 NPC to get extra XP: Peter - excellent job.

any other comments that might help us improve game, even if it's every thing is fine and keep as is: RoC needs a character database system. This would be an investment, but would really pay off if we could make it happen. Putting the tracking on the players and paper tracking sheets is pretty dicey.

1 XP please.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:59 am 
Your name: TC (aka Ratu, aka the Scythe with a Bat Attached)

General thoughts on the event: Great event, I liked that lots of stuff was self-paced, and there were enough fixed events to draw in everyone.

what you liked: Things that got people acting and interacting. From people discussing the portal mods, to Rayet and I dealing with the Soul Net, to discussions over who would assume each role within the zodiac, there was a lot to talk about and plan. It extended to NPCs as well, chatting with Angelina's disembodied lich, etc. The world is made vibrant by its denizens.

what you didn't like: Rain, of course, though Plot absolutely did the right thing by moving the big mod to the tavern. Sometimes it wasn't clear what was next or where we were at in terms of progress; while this blame could probably be laid at the feet of the players/characters, sometimes you need a Plot character or three to come in and share the info, if only to get uninvolved people more involved.

High point: Just getting Ratu out there again Friday night was great, having him show up and preach about Mordath and bringing some ol' time religion to this crazy place. Though I enjoyed the Sunday morning RP (and the irony of it) as well.

Low point: Standing out on the rain Saturday and grinding through the Maw. I wasn't really sure what was going on, so it was just a "grind through this until complete" sort of affair.

favorite plot line/ encounter/ mod : and a couple of sentences about why: The over-arching dark zodiac plot. It was relatively clear what needed to happen, why, and what the results could be. It also got lots of people talking and lots involved. Not sure how the people felt being stuck in the circles during the last combat mod though, I'd be curious what their impression was.

Any players that you felt went out of their way with costuming or role playing during the weekend that really stood out to you: Everyone did their best despite the weather. The Nature's Champion stood out as far as costume and body language though, kudos there.

Any NPCS or staff that you felt went out of their way with role play or combat during the weekend that really stood out to you: Props to Jeff for his patience with me in getting back into rules stuff ("Void what?"), but in general all the staff and NPCs were great. They were relatively few in number, and they seemed to handle getting mowed down by PCs with grace. It's hard having to die over and over, but that's the job.

NPC NOMINATION - Nominate 1 NPC to get extra XP: Sadly, I don't know names here, but I'm going to go with the fellow who played the death caster and the guy that came in to duel Lauren. I noticed him trying to be expressive, and when in doubt, he'd die if he got flustered by a flurry of angry murderhobos, so he gets the nod.

All in all, this was a good event to return to and left me hungry for more; sad that there won't be any more, but we'll see where new games lead. Great to see old faces and new.

Report this post
Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:53 pm 
Your name: Daniel Bachelor / Alendon Wararban

General thoughts on the event: I had a blast. I'm glad I was able to get to this last event.

what you liked: Is everything an acceptable answer?

what you didn't like: Rain, combined with forgetting the coat I spent a week sewing. Very stupid of me.

High point : When we went outside to play games at the fey ritual just in time to see(and hear, sound effects were great) an undead hoard coming down the hill. Or the huge, epic fight at the ritual. I can't decide.

Low point: Being cold and wet, which was my fault.

favorite plot line/ encounter/ mod : and a couple of sentences about why: I portal mods were interesting and fun. They made us split up into smaller groups, so it didn't end up being a giant mob of PCs against the significantly smaller group of NPCs.

Any players that you felt went out of their way with costuming or role playing during the weekend that really stood out to you: Ratu's costume that he wore on the first night was amazing, as well as Nefret's primal fury, just wish I could have seen her in combat.

Any NPCS or staff that you felt went out of their way with role play or combat during the weekend that really stood out to you: All the staff and NPCs were great, but if I had to name one it would have to be Marcus. That caster duel with Rayet was amazing.

NPC NOMINATION - Nominate 1 NPC to get extra XP: I wasn't able to catch any names, but thanks to all the NPCs. You were all great.

Glad to hear that a new game will be forming, I cant wait.

Report this post
Profile  Offline